Hello there!

13 August 2018

Hello there! I just wanted to introduce myself here on the blog! It's been a minute since I have last blogged, but I am here to change that! :)
I was born in Boise, Idaho and transplanted to Utah fourteen years ago! I cannot believe it has been that long. I met my husband online, (way back when it first started becoming a thing haha) I fell head over heals and moved to Cache Valley to marry him! We have been married for fourteen years now, and we have 3 kids (2 boys and 1 girl) who keep us crazy busy! We are a sports and dance family, and that's pretty much where you will find us, when I am not doing shoots.
I have always had a love for photography, and got my first job taking newborn pictures at a local hospital in Boise. When I moved to Utah, I worked at JC Penny Portraits, and to be honest..I didn't love it! Like at all! The people were fun, but the system that you had to follow to take photos wasn't. There wasn't a lot of room for creativity, and I tell you what....those little photo rooms got real hot real fast. So when my daughter was about 8 months old, I decided it was time to go for it and start a business. That was 10 years ago next month. So many crazy ups and downs and lessons learned and beautiful photos (and not so awesome photos) taken as I have learned the art of photography. The thing I love about it, is that it is something I can continually learn and grow from.

Photography has been an awesome creative outlet for me. What I love most is that is allows me the flexibility to be able to stay home with my cute kiddos, but also allows me to be able to do something I love! Some days (..lets be honest, months) can be a bit crazy, but my family is my biggest support group. I can honestly and truly say that I love my job. I love to meet new people and I have met so many awesome ones over the last 10 years. Clients have turned into friends and I have loved the wide variety of people it has brought me in contact with. I love being able to create memories for people to look back on, and be able to remember that day, that laugh, that joke that was told that got them all laughing. 


As time goes on, and memories fade...a photo is all we have. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment